Rashmi Desai is a popular Indian TV actress, best known for portraying the role of Tapasya Thakur in the opera Uttaran that premiered on colors channel. Very few of her fans know that before making a debut in serials, she acted in low-budget movies.
The actress got married to her co-star Nandish Sandhu but filed for divorce in 2016. The latest reports suggest that Desai will be seen next in Salman Khan’s show Bigg Boss 13. It would be exciting to see Rashmi be the part of the most controversial reality Tv Show. Let us know more about her early life, career, and personal life below.
Uttaran fame Rashmi is a Gujarati and raised in Assam. Her real name is Divya Desai, but she changed her name to Rashmi Desai before making an entry in the industry. Since childhood, she aspired to become an actress and has a keen interest in Dance. So, she started learning Kathak and Bharatnatyam from a very young age. Rashmi did her schooling from Ulubari High School in Assam. Her father died when she was very young, her mother is a teacher, and brother works in a private company.
Rashmi Desai got her first break in Raavan when she was only 20 years old. Since then there was no looking back for her. She then acted in Meet Mila De Rabba that aired on Sony TV and then became a renowned star after playing Tapasya Thakur in Uttaran.
Later Rashmi Desai was seen in Ssshhhh…Phir Koi Hai and also featured in reality Tv shows like Zara Nachke Dikha, Comedy Circus, Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi, and more. Besides working in serials, Rashmi also acted in Gujarati, Bollywood, Bhojpuri, and Assamese films. In 2017, she got the leading role of Shorvori Bhanushali for the series Dil Se Dil Tak.
She is a Gujarati and got married to actor Nandish Sandu in 2012. The duo worked together in the show Uttaran and fell in love. Unfortunately, the lovebirds got separated in 2015 and filed for divorce in 2016, after 4 years of marriage. Currently, she is single and busy working on other projects. Rashmi Desai is very active on social media and has over 2million followers on Instagram.
Rashmi Desai Biography
- Real Name: DivyaDesai
- TV Name – Rashmi Desai
- DOB: 13 February 1986
- Birth Place – Mumbai
- Hometown – Gujarat
- Profession: Model, Dancer, and Actress
- Known For: Playing the role of Tapasya Thakur in Uttaran
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- School – Ulubari H.S. School, Assam
- College – Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Educational Qualifications – Diploma
- TV Debut: Raavan in 2006
- Father – Late Mr. Ajay Desai
- Mother – Rasila Desai (she is a teacher)
- Siblings – 1 younger brother
- Marital Status – Divorced
- Husband – Nandish Sandhu
- Wedding Date – 12 February 2012
- Kids – 1 daughter (Manya)
- Hobbies – Dancing
- Favorite Actor – Hrithik Roshan
- Salary – 55-60,000 per episode
- Hashtags – #rashmidesai #rashmidesaifanspage #rashmidesaisandhu #rashmidesaihot #rashmidesaimylife #rashmidesaifans
- 10th Indian Television Academy Awards for Best Actress in Negative Role
- 10th Indian Telly Awards for Most Popular Negative Actor
- Big Star Entertainment Awards for Best Television Actor
- Apsara Awards for Best Negative Actress
- Colors Golden Petal Awards for Best Onscreen Jodi with Siddharth Shukla
Stay tuned and keep visiting this space to know about your favorite celebs biography. Follow us on Facebook.