Monica Dogra debuted in the Bollywood films alongside the perfectionist of Bollywood industry i.e. Amir Khan in the movie Dhobi Ghat in the year of 2011. This movie was directed by Kiran Roa and produced by Aamir Khan Productions. This is a kind of dream start that any talented artists will always look forward to.
Monica Dogra is a multi-talented personality, along with acting skills; she has a great voice which has a huge fan base in all over the world. She grew up in Baltimore, Maryland and completed her graduation in Music from NYU.
Monica is an American singer-actress but actually originated from India and has a huge fan base in all over the world. Along with a great acting skill, she has a natural and amazing voice. Singing came from inheritance as her uncle Mr. Prakash Sharma is a well-known Dogri Folk Music singer. Poetry and listening to music are the favorite pass time and hobby of Monica.
Monica Dogra Personal Details
- Full Name :- Monica Dogra
- DOB : – 25th October 1982
- Birth Place : – Baltimore, U.S.
- Zodiac : – Scorpio
- School : – Oakleigh Elementary School, Montessori Dulaney High School, Timonium, Baltimore Country, Maryland.
- College : – New York University
- Educational Qualification : – Bachelors in Music
- Reality Show :- Khatron ke khiladi 8 [read all contestants biography here] [click here for bigg boss season 11 details]
Monica Dogra was an ambitious girl from the beginning as she worked as a bartender to earn money for her education and other stuff. As music was a passion and love of her life, she pursued her career in Music and started her electronic rock group “Shaa’ir+Func” with a guitarist Randolph Correia.
New Day: The Love was the first album of this band released in the year of 2007 along with Light Tribe in 2008 and Mantis in 2010. This talented singer has also given her voice for the song “Dooriyan Bhi Hain Zaroori” in the Bollywood movie Break Ke Baad starring Deepika Padukone and Imran Khan in lead role.
The great leap in her Bollywood career came with the movie Dhobi Ghat which had Prateik Babbar, Kirti Malhotra and Amir Khan in the lead roles along with her. This film was critically acclaimed and was also listed for 65th BAFTA Awards in Non-English Film Category.
In the beginning, Monica Dogra turned down the offer of Dhobi Ghat, but later on accepted the same, and her performance was highly appreciated in the movie. She also did a cameo in the movie Rock on in 2008.
Along with the numerous participation as the role of a judge in different reality and talent shows, in the year of 2013 Monica performed with the world famous award-winning violinist Scott Tixier for a chain of shows around the United States.
Lesser Known Facts
- Monica’s uncle Prakash Sharma is a famous Dogri folk music singer.
- She used to work as a bartender to get the financed for her books and stuff when she was in university.
- She did a guest role in the Bollywood movie Rock On
- Monica was featured in March 2013 and again on May 2015 edition of Maxim India Magazine
- Monica Dogra was the judge of India’s first reality show in English singing -“The Stage” in 2015.