Malaika Arora Khan (After separation she doesn’t use Khan) is one of the Indian actresses who has a long list of talents and skills. But unlike Jack of all trades, she has got mastered in every skill.
She came into the spotlight with her very first appearance on the song Chaiyya Chaiyya from the movie Dil Se in 1998. After that, she became the most favored item dancer in for the Indian films.
Malaika Arora Khan
- Full Name: – Malaika Arora
- Nick Name: – Malla
- Dob:- 23rd October 1973
- Height: – 5 ft 6 inches
- Birth Place: – Chembur, Mumbai, India
- Zodiac Sign: – Libra
- Home Town: – Bengaluru, India
- Profession: – Actress, Model, VJ
- School: – Swami Vivekananda School in Chembur, Mumbai and Holy Cross School, Thane
- College: – Jai Hind College, Churchgate, Mumbai
- Educational Qualification: – Degree in Economics and Minor in Communications
- Relationship Status: – Separated
Family Details of Malaika Arora Khan
- Father: – Anil Arora (Merchant Navy)
- Mother: – Joyce Polycarp
- Sister: – Amrita Arora (Younger Sister, Actress)
- Spouse: – Arbaaz Khan(Separated)
- Son: – Arhaan Khan
Her mother was a Malayali Catholic, and her father was a Punjabi who used to work in Merchant Navy. At her age of 11, her parents were separated, and she used to stay with her mother and sister in Mumbai.
During the shooting of a coffee ad, Malaika met Arbaaz Khan, and they got married in 1998. But after 18 long years of marriage, the couple got divorced on 28th Match 2016. The couple also had a son Arhan Arora who was born on 9th November 2002.
Career of Malaika Arora Khan
Malaika started her career as a VJ with MTV when MTV India started operating in India. She became an interviewer and later did co-anchoring with Cyrus Broacha. She came to fame from her first appearance on the television due to her attractive looks and stunning physique.
Recommended for you: Bigg Boss Hindi
Later on, she started modeling and featuring in many advertisements. She did many music videos before getting the Bollywood fame. Malaika is a specialist in Jazz Ballet, Bharatnatyam and Ballet and thus soon became the heartthrob of the Bollywood film industry and the most preferred item dancer.
Along with movies, Malaika Arora Khan has been the part of a lot of reality TV shows like Nach Baliye, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan, India’s Got Talent, Perfect Bride, and others.
It is a rare combination of a celebrity without any controversy and Malaika Arora Khan was also no exception. She was rumored to have relation with actor Arjun Kapoor and the reason for her divorce, but as always, they both denied the fact and stated that they are just good friends.
Lesser Known Facts
- Malaika Arora Khan started her career in modeling at the age of 17.
- In 2007, she was declared as the Sexiest women by Maxim Magazine.
- She is a trained specialist in Jazz Ballet, Bharatnatyam, and Ballet.
- Her parents got separated when she was just 11 years old.