Abu Malik is not a well-known name in the industry, but he is better known as the brother of singer and music composer Anu Malik. He is also an actor, music composer, and singer. Abu belongs to musical background and started his journey as a singer in 1983. Currently, he is a participant of Salman Khan’s show Bigg Boss 13.
Readout more about his musical career and personal life below.
Early Life and Career
Born on 30 October 1961 in the family of musicians, Abu Malik aspires to do something big in music. He did his schooling from Barnes School, Maharashtra, and college from Narsee Monjee of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. He learned music from his father and the legend Sardar Malik. Throughout his music career, he has performed over 10k shows across the world. He has also worked with several Bollywood superstars and even appeared in Salman Khan starring Pyaar Kiya to Darna Kya.
Besides music, he has a keen interest in writing and has written a book named Rantings of a Mad Man’. He later revealed that the text in the book came from a conversation that he had on his Whatsapp. It was in 2016, he also composed a song for an American movie which is entitled American Blend. In 2010, Abu with his brother Daboo he directed a show named Pankhida Aao Mere Saath. He then opened his company by the name Musicman Malik Entertainment Private Limited. Abu Malik has also won the Achievement in Excellence Award in 2017.
Abu Malik is married to Poonam Malik and is a proud father of two kids. The entire members of his are musicians. His brothers Anu Malik and Daboor Malik are music composers; his nephews Armaan and Amaal Malik are outstanding singers. He is fond of dogs and owns two pets.
Currently, he is in the Bigg Boss house with other participants. What do you think, how long he would survive in the show?
Abu Malik Biography
- Name: Abu Malik
- DOB: 30 October 1961
- Birthplace: Mumbai
- Profession: Music Composer and Singer
- Sun Sign: Scorpion
- Currently Living in: Mumbai
- School: Barnes School, Maharashtra
- College: Narsee Monjee of Commerce and Economics Mumbai
- Debut: As a playback singer from the movie Nigahain in 1983, As a music composer from the movie Bad Luck Govind in 2009
- Awards: Achievement in Excellence Award in 2017
- Hobbies: Horse Riding
- Father: Anwar Sardaar Malik (he was a music director)
- Mother: Kausar Jahan Malik
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife: Poonam Malik
- Children: daughter Kasheesh Malik and son Unaadar Malik
- Siblings: Anu Malik and Daboo Malik (both are music director)
- Favorite Sports: Parasailing
- Favorite Destination: Bali and England
Keep visiting this space to get the latest updates on Bigg Boss 13. We will be right back with another biography of your favorite celeb.
All Bigg Boss 13 Contestants
Siddharth Shukla, Koena Mitra, Devoleena Bhattacharjee, Rashmi Desai, Arti Singh, Daljeet Kaur, Paras Chhabra, Mahira Sharma, Shehnaaz Gill, Shefali Bagga, Asim Riaz, Abu Malik, Siddharth Dey